Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lourmarin

near Lourmarin (oil on board 25cm x 32cm)

I have been reviewing some paintings that I started outside during the summer that were never resolved.  Some of them are beyond redemption, some of them I keep going back to but they never work, and some just need a push.  With this one I used some elements form other paintings that I thought might help.  In this case just the way the paint is handled.  Sometimes areas of flat colour work well, and sometimes they don't - in this painting they weren't working at all, so repainting with a looser hand has moved it on.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a hot-hot day in Lourmarin! I like the pinks looking through here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hot - and I am feeling nostalgic for a long hot sunny day...

    ReplyDelete